Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW)
Meets with patients, their families, guardians or agency representatives and completes behavioral health diagnostic assessment. Provides psychotherapy for individuals who qualify for services on site.
Family Health Services is a National Health Service Corps (NHSC) approved health care site. This Full-Time position allows for the LISW-S to apply for the NHSC Loan Repayment Program, with a 2-year Full-Time Service Commitment.
- Completes behavioral health diagnostic assessments.
- Creates positive relationship with patients, their families, guardians or agency representatives.
- Provides psychotherapy for individuals, couples, and families who qualify for services on site.
- Advocates and refers individuals with serious mental illness and/or substance abuse/addiction to community agencies for treatment.
- Networks with local social service agencies and educational agencies to remain knowledgeable about available services and the referral process for those services.
- Provides crisis intervention services on site, as needed.
- Frequent contact with staff of community agencies and the general public. Daily contact with agency staff. Must develop and maintain positive relationship with all of the above.
- If working in the outreach/school district setting, adhere to district policies and procedures for student referrals, release of student information, and receipt of information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to the standards and policies of the Organizational Privacy/Security and Compliance Programs, including the duty to comply with applicable laws and regulations (HIPAA, OSHA, OIG, guidelines, other State and Federal Laws). This also includes reporting to the Board of Directors, Compliance Officer, Privacy Officer, supervisor, suggestion box, and any suspected unethical, fraudulent, or unlawful acts of practices.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of all available services provided at FHS, community resources, interpersonal communication strategies, and computer software.
Skill in communicating effectively in both written and verbal form, interviewing techniques, managing multiple priorities, effective time management practices, de-escalation skills, problem-solving skills, and managing change and conflict.
Ability to manage time and deal with multiple priorities, problem solving, exercise sound judgement, define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions, make decisions, maintain information in confidential manner, listen well, maintain records and data, use the computer programs and communicate effectively including via the computer. Encourage staff to work towards their full potential and to provide excellent services to our patients and their fellow co-workers.
Required Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field with licensure and credentials per the State of Ohio.
- At least 2 years work-related experience in social service field.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience in a community health setting.
- Experience working with youth and adult populations.
- Licensed Independent Social Worker in the state of Ohio.
FHS is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally‑recognized basis [“protected class”] including, but not limited to: race; color; religion; genetic information; national origin; sex; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age; disability; citizenship status; uniform service member status; or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
In Ohio, the following also are a protected class: race; color; religion; sex; pregnancy, or any illness arising out of and occurring during the course of pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; national origin; disability; age [40 or over], military status and ancestry.
To apply, please provide your resume and cover letter to Nicole Schafer, firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to her attention at 1912 Hayes Ave., Sandusky, OH 44870.