The IT Administrator will need to maintain a reliable, secure, and efficient data communications network. The ideal candidate will be able to deploy, configure, maintain, and monitor all computer, server, and network equipment to ensure smooth network operation. They will also provide technical advice and support to system users and be responsible for the ongoing management of information security policies, and procedures to maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all organizational healthcare information systems.
- Identifies and procures the hardware and software needed to satisfy user requirements.
- Assists with the design, implementation, and ongoing support of new software.
- Assists in the customization and adaptation of existing software to meet users’ requirements.
- Provides telephone, in-person, and online support to end-users.
- Provides updates, status, and completion information to manager and/or users.
- Refers major hardware and network issues and/or concerns to the appropriate vendors or service providers for correction.
- Onboards users to the network by creating various required accounts and providing initial training in facilities and applications.
- Administers and manages e-mail, e-mail security, and anti-virus systems.
- Responsible for implementing, managing, and enforcing information security directives as mandated by HIPAA.
- Ensure the ongoing the integration of information security with business strategies and requirements.
- Ensure that the access control, disaster recovery, business continuity, incident response, and risk management needs of the organization are properly addressed.
- Perform or initiate ongoing information risk assessments and audits to ensure the information systems are adequately protected and meet HIPAA certification requirements.
- Lead an incident response team to contain, investigate, and prevent future Computer Security breaches.
- Manage Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, file shares, and print services on a Windows Server environment.
- Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the organization and ensure that system hardware, operating systems, and software systems are fully operational and allow for efficient productivity within the organization.
- Performs systems maintenance tasks, such as system back-up, recovery, and file maintenance. Schedules, installs, and tests system software upgrades and security patches.
- Configure, install, and monitor switches, routers, wireless access points, servers, firewalls, computers, printers, IP phones, and all other hardware located on the network.
- Maintains software licensing and maintenance agreements.
- Design and deploy networks to optimize performance and ensure security through access controls, intrusion prevention systems, backups, and user account & server share security.
- Maintain VPN Gateways and tunnels and troubleshoot any connectivity issues.
- Create and maintain network diagrams and documentation for design and planning of network communication systems.
- Install and terminate Cat 5e and Cat6 network cabling as necessary.
- Manage IP Phone System. Performs moves, adds, deletes and other changes for phone uses. Sets up calling features such as automatic call distribution (ACD) groups and voice mail. Provides phone support and training to new users and solves miscellaneous phone problems.
- Use knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, LAN and WAN to maintain server functionality.
- Maintain familiarity with Cisco products, SonicWALL products, Ubiquiti products, ASUS PCs, Lenovo PCs, Trend Micro Endpoint Security protection, Network Monitoring Tools, Windows Domain, Active Directory, DNS, Telnet, SSH, Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012, and Microsoft Exchange server.
- Technical Capacity
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Experienced in the management of both physical and logical information security systems
- Strong technical skills (application and operating system hardening, vulnerability assessments, security audits, TCP/IP, intrusion detection systems, firewalls, etc.)
- Understanding of interpersonal and communication skills
- Must possess a high degree of integrity and trust along with the ability to work independently
- Excellent documentation skills
- Ability to weigh business risks and enforce appropriate information security measures
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Goal-oriented team player with a focus on organization
- Ability to think logically and take ownership of duties and responsibilities
- Time Management
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Expected Work Hours
Normal work hours are daytime between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:30 pm Monday – Friday. Flexibility is allowed based on duties and responsibilities as well as at the manager’s discretion. Some after-hours work may be needed to complete specific tasks and can be flexed if required number of work hours per week are met.
Minimal, with possible occasional travel to other site locations within local area.
Required Education and Experience
Minimum of an Associate degree in the technical field
Five or more years of relevant experience, familiarity of IT services in a health care setting and HIPAA regulations along with experience with helpdesk, IT support, and network and server management support strongly encouraged.
Preferred Education and Experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
-CompTIA A+ Certification Preferred
-Cisco CCENT Certification Preferred
-Microsoft 70-411 Administering Windows Server 2012 Certification (or equivalent) Preferred
-C-Tech Certified Network Cabling Specialist Preferred
-Leviton Copper Cabling Installer Preferred
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
FHS is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally‑recognized basis [“protected class”] including, but not limited to: race; color; religion; genetic information; national origin; sex; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age; disability; citizenship status; uniform service member status; or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
In Ohio, the following also are a protected class: race; color; religion; sex; pregnancy, or any illness arising out of and occurring during the course of pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; national origin; disability; age [40 or over], military status and ancestry.
To apply, please provide your resume to Morgan Boswell, email@example.com or mail to her attention at 1912 Hayes Ave., Sandusky, OH 44870.