Assess patients’ and clients’ nutritional and health needs by educating patients on nutrition issues and healthy eating habits. The dietician will develop meal and nutrition plans, taking both clients’ preferences and budgets into account as well as support patients while they are making lifestyle changes to better their diet.
- Completes dietetic diagnostic assessments.
- Creates positive relationship with patients, their families, guardians or agency representatives.
- Provides nutritional care plans for individuals who qualify for services.
- Networks with local social service agencies to remain knowledgeable about available services and the referral process for services.
- Provides complete care to all patients.
- Frequent contact with staff of community agencies and the general public. Daily contact with agency staff. Must develop and maintain positive relationship with all of the above.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to the standards and policies of the Organizational Privacy/Security and Compliance Programs, including the duty to comply with applicable laws and regulations (HIPAA, OSHA, OIG, guidelines, other State and Federal Laws). This also includes reporting to the Board of Directors, Compliance Officer, Privacy Officer, supervisor, suggestion box, and any suspected unethical, fraudulent, or unlawful acts of practices.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of all available services provided at FHS, community resources, interpersonal communication strategies, and computer software.
Skill in communicating effectively in both written and verbal form, creating nutritional care plans, managing multiple priorities, effective time management practices, dietetic skills, problem-solving skills, and managing change and conflict.
Ability to manage time and deal with multiple priorities, problem solving, define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions, make decisions, maintain information in confidential manner, listen well and make adjustments accordingly, maintain records and data, use the computer programs and communicate effectively including via the computer.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred. Must possess a state license and a board certificate. Knowledge of dietetic and nutritional needs and can develop clear care plans. Preferred experienced in working in a Federally Qualified Health Center. Preferred certification registration with American Dietetic Association.
This job operates in a health care setting. This role requires regular walking to various locations around the building. This role also routinely comes into contact with patients who may have contagious illnesses.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is moderately active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and stooping all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 20 pounds.
Expected Work Hours
Normal work hours are daytime between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday – Friday.
Minimal, with possible occasional travel to other site locations within local area.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
FHS is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally‑recognized basis [“protected class”] including, but not limited to: race; color; religion; genetic information; national origin; sex; pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age; disability; citizenship status; uniform service member status; or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law.
In Ohio, the following also are a protected class: race; color; religion; sex; pregnancy, or any illness arising out of and occurring during the course of pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions; national origin; disability; age [40 or over], military status and ancestry.
To apply, please provide your resume and cover letter to Nicole Schafer, email@example.com